Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Vacation

Tomorrow we leave for four days. We are going to the Bremerton / Seattle area to see family. Yes, maybe a 'real' vacation would be better, but not right now. Money is tight and we love, love, love our family. (Well, my family and my daughter's in-laws)
First stop "Camp Carter". Three years ago when my son-in-law, Christopher, turned 30 he had a birthday party at his parents house on the beach in the small town of Tracytown, just outside of Bremerton. The location is lovely right on the water and plenty of property for camping.
It is always hard when two people with many friends marry because you then 'marry' all the friends. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Chris, who didn't have a ton of friends when he and Anne-Elissa married found a couple of years later he had many, many firends.
Invitations were sent out and the turn out was great! The weather was wonerful and everyone had a great time. We were not invited.
The next year the weather was awful, it rained and was cool most of the time. No one had much fun. We were not invited.
Fast forward to the third Camp Carter. Sometime during the last year the two sets of in-laws got together and Chris's mother, Nancy, said, " Camp Carter is so much fun, you should come. It's a great bunch of kids." We were invited!! So I made hotel reservations, because I don't camp ~ ever and because Al still works for Hilton we get great rates.
That will be Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday will be with my (What's left of it) family. Then Monday we will see my mother-in-law from my first marriage, I have know her since is I was 16. I love her and so does my present husband. She is 85 and we are going to spend the day with her and take her to dinner. You never know . . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time "camping." I'll look forward to the stories when you return. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super fun time! You are a busy gal! Enjoy your many chances to spend with family and extended family. It sounds like the weather will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete