Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blogging

Thanks to my good friend, Deb, I think I have a little more knowledge about this blog thing. I changed a color and a font. I know it doesn't sound like much, but for me ~ HUGE!

I have both a Mac and a PC. It is like learning a second language. (Something I know a little about!) This is the first time I'm posting using the PC. I have to say I am much more comfortable with this keyboard.

This morning I was awake at 2, 4 & then 6 AM when I was awakened by something falling. (my grand-daughter had knocked over some wooden TV trays while sleeping on the couch) Well, I could not go back to sleep so I decided to do a little blog exploring. Oh, My Gosh!! There are so many. When I next looked at the clock it was after 10 AM.

Here is what I found by using the "next blog" feature: The blogs come grouped as to similar topics. There are many foreign language blogs. The appearance of the blog matters, if I can't easily read it, I won't. There are a tons of "family blogs". If I don't know you or have some connection to you. I really don't want to hear about you children or see 100s of photos of them. On the other hand if I know you I can't get enough. I'm sure these people are blogging to friends and family. On a side note I do stop and read about the preemies. But I don't book mark them for later. I found that I did not like the all photo blogs. Most of them were just not that good.

What I found that I did like: The older women blogs. I think now that I am an older woman and retired I can really relate. I find them funny, touching and I can totally relate. I laugh and cry as I read them. I like when the blogs I follow post. I find myself anxious for the next post and disappointed when it is weeks. When I do the "next blog" thing if the posts are not current I skip them.

I will promise to try and post more often. Even if I only have two followers.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you may have caught the "blog bug"! I agree with many of your comments, especially when I see a blog that has such tiny font I can't read it. (Although I did learn from my daughter that I can make it bigger on the mac by hitting the command and "+" at the same time!)
    It's fun to read your blogs, so keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you're blogging! And you can have more than two readers whenever you're ready. It's even more fun then. :-)

    ReplyDelete