Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shrek The Musical

This is going to be short because I have learned that if you do not post regularly you forget things. Like how to post or even comment on other posts. Some will let me comment with no problem, others keep asking for more and more information then the comment never shows. I'm sure it is user's error.
At times I feel overly connected with my desktop PC, my laptop and now my iPad2 (Talk about a learning curve.) I need to just pick one and blog. Even though there are just two of you reading it.
Last Sunday Anne-Elissa and I saw Shrek The Musical. Both of us went in with no expectations after all it was ~ Shrek, some ogre from a kids cartoon. I did, however, borrow the movie so I would have some idea of the storyline. I liked it and Nathaniel and I could not figure out how some of the scenes would translate from the cartoon to the stage. But it worked and worked beautifully. One of those performances that just make you smile and come out humming the soundtrack. So far the only plays we would not like to see again are Wicked and Phantom of the Opera (We both would like to see it in Vegas.) The next time Billy Elliot is in town I'm buying tickets to every show. Not really but I will see it again.
OK, time to try and post this. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Another successful posting! I hope you'll invite me to come to Billy Elliot when it's in town again. I sure do miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Julie, I loved Shrek the movie. It was so darn cute. I can't imagine it on stage, yet, I'm sure it was wonderful.

    Oh, I'm so overwhelmed . . . it's been a long, hard September! One month down . . . eight and a half to go . . .

    ReplyDelete